Abnormal Status Damage Testing

Discussion in 'Guides & Game Mechanics' started by Necrofancy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Most of the testing is going to heavily abuse that status damage is displayed if you hover over the icon.
    [​IMG]

So I'll be using my L75 Fbrawler in training mode to try to confirm how some characteristics work.

Most of this is going to go:
    1. Try to model how much damage SHOULD change by adjusting stats
    2. Compare to how damage actually changes
    3. Adjust model variables until there's a low amount of overall error

Importantly, I'm not trying to test Abnormal Status APPLICATION rates, because that'll be pretty hard to find. Once an abnormal status is applied, its damage is listed on the tooltip as a constant variable; it doesn't even randomly vary.

Summary:
    • STR and INT are added, and the coefficient seems to be 333
    • Abnormal Status Tolerance seems to have a coefficient of 215
    • Enemy defense may usually to be halved for calculating reduction for Status Damage, but is not always the case. See Tog in a later post.
    • Modifiers to direct damage (e.g. Counters, Criticals) won't apply.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    Bumping this for a good test subject: Tog [​IMG]

Tog has 99.5% reduction, and if you were to calculated expected resistance for status damage, status damage would basically deal twice the damage because the resistance would only calculate out to be 99.00%. However, status damage on Tog is a LOT more potent than that.

So, two possible scenarios:
    1. Tog has hugely low abnormal status resist, enough to raise status damage by a multiple. Considering that, in Normals, he has about -2k resist in kDnF with his absorbed element, and has generally VERY extreme stats, that is a very good possibility.
    2. Damage model I set up is flawed, and only worked for the certain points I had recorded.

Either way, I'd need to do some Tog testing.

Anyone care to record some Abnormal Status Damage numbers with or without Taunt? I'd prefer it a bit if you hover over the status bar like I do in this example for this post:
    [​IMG]

3. Necrofancy Blame Blob™

IGN:
    You already know!
    Server:
    Cain
    So I did testing on Anton Normals Tog:
    [​IMG]

Using Taunt increased damage by far too much of a damage increase, so idea #1 I had earlier is right out. Tog's abnormal status reduction is also way lower than the OV bosses I tested against, so there's no way that abnormal status reduction is directly connected to Physical/Magical resists.

Not sure if this is the consistent reduction for Tog, but he really has almost no direct reduction of Abnormal Status damage.

4. fatzerker

*All my tests have been done on the reinforcement machine using the abnormal bleed status of the Berserker and items that add the bleed effect (ex Gizel's Chainsaw).

Thank you for your work Necrofancy. I've been trying to figure out the the basics of the Abnormal Damage formula for awhile. I have only been testing on the Reinforcement machine so far. When I started testing I made the assumption that the Reinforcement machine has 0 physical/magical defense, and 0 abnormal defense. With those assumptions I made the estimated guess that the abnormal status damage formula for bleed was:

[Bleed Attack]*[(Strength + Intelligence)/425 + 1 ] *[1- (abnormal resist - abnormal reduction)/160]. [1]

As you may of noticed I have two different coefficients than you do, 425 vs 333, and 160 vs 215. In the portion of my testing under my initial assumptions, I just assumed that the reason my numbers were off by around 1% were due to rounding. Reading your post and thinking about this problem made me rethink my assumptions.

So I went back and did some new tests using nothing but bleed damage numbers that were pretty (ex 100 vs 57).

Initially when I started working on this formula, I kept changed the amount of bleed reduction being applied to the reinforcement machine while keeping everything else constant. Then after determining that part of the formula and making the assumption that the reinforcement machine has zero abnormal resistance, I calculated the coefficient related to strength and intelligence. In other words I came to my model in a direction backwards from yours.

The issue I had with your formula was that whenever I tried to use your formula for how abnormal reduction worked, I kept getting different results. Using a coefficient of 160 lead me to some very accurate results. If I applied 80 abnormal reduction, my bleed damage always increased by 50%. (20=12.5%,48=30%,etc). For every test case, I was always within 1 damage of what I estimated the increase to be compared with what was shown in the training center. So needless to say, I was fairly confident about how abnormal reduction works with reinforcement machine that is assumed to have an abnormal resistance of zero.

Considering the differences in the model that you developed versus the one I initially was using, I figured the differences could be due to one of the following ideas:

1) The reinforcement machine has some amount of abnormal resistance,

2) The reinforcement machine has no amount of abnormal resistance but works independently of abnormal reduction, or

3) The reinforcement machine has some amount of abnormal resistance and it works independently of abnormal reduction.

#1 could not be true due to the values I obtained by testing bleed reduction while keeping everything else in the formula constant. The numbers were too pretty. #2 could not be true as it would lead to the same strength+intelligence coefficient found in equation [1].

This therefore lead me towards choice #3. Working under the new assumptions that the reinforcement machine has zero defense, some unknown amount of abnormal resistance, and that abnormal resistance works independently from abnormal reduction, I have developed the following model of how abnormal reduction works:

[(Strength + Intelligence)/333 + ] * [ 1 - abnormal resistance] * [1 + (abnormal reduction/160)], [2]

where abnormal resistance = enemy's abnormal resistance value / unknown coefficient.

*[1 - abnormal resistance] = [1 - 0.2] for the reinforcement machine.

I have noticed that bleed level has no affect on how much damage I do. Bleed level definitely does affect the probability of applying bleed though. I also do not know if defense rating plays a factor in the formula since I have only tested on the zero defense reinforcement machine. How do I determine the defense values of the training room dummies that are not the reinforcement machine/terranite tree/meteor rock? Did you just work out Tog's defenses or did you look up his defenses from some known table?

P.S. I am very grateful that strength and intelligence are treated as the same for the abnormal damage formula.

edit: 7/13/2016 Updated formula and information explaining said formula.
    edit: 7/13/2016 part 2: I just realized that the reinforcement machine has the sub-types of "hybrid" and "building." Maybe those sub-types are what is adding a 20 percent reduction to abnormal damage. If this is true then abnormal resist and abnormal reduction can still be related to each other. This would mean that there is another factor in the equation. As of this writing I believe the general form to be correct. I plan to do more testing eventually.
    edit: 1/6/2017 I finally got my hands on Razor Queen's Necklace. Expect an updated formula soon[ish].

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)