A 'Sort of' Detailed Battle Mage Build Guide

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Sheep, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    [​IMG]

It increases the damage of the finisher as well, which is magical fixed damage (INT) or physical percent damage (STR) depending on which stat is higher. Also, it's not like your physical percent damage is non-existent as a magic Battle Mage.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. sketchyguy

I see.
    What do you think about dropping fusion chaser? It takes a ton of SP for a minor buff.
    Also, why no double swing for physical builds?

3. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    Fusion chaser buff is pretty nice, over 120 str/int with the tp adding 50% more. The damage is also very nice and it gives a ton of crit.

As for double swing, you basically have to choose what you want to max out of the physical skills. Double swing just isn't good enough to max. That's my preference at least, I would rather max Full swing and fusion chaser.

4. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Dropping Fusion Chaser would be no good. I listed it as preference for physical builds, but you really should have it as high as possible. At max (TP included) it gives 219 STR/INT and 31% Physical/Magic Critical Rate. It's not really a minor buff. It also does a fair amount of damage. In fact, it's one of Battle Mage's best burst skills. Oh, and you can stack the buff with itself, so two stacks would be 438 STR/INT and 62% Physical/Magic Critical Rate.

Double Swing is fine early on, but it scales poorly. I barely do 600,000 damage with it on Giant Nugol EX. It's not recommended to pick it up over something else like Fusion Chaser.
    For comparison, I do about 2,270,000 damage with a single Chaser Launcher without debuffs or buffs (except Ancient Library).

5. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Updated and made some changes to the first post. It should be easier to understand now.
    Double posting makes me feel dirty.

6. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm late on this, but I'd personally drop Ancient Library, Palm Blast and Chaser Upgrade TP for Time Bomb Upgrade. The only reason you would ever need Chaser Upgrade is for a Chaser Press build; otherwise, if you're running Relentless Chaser, you'll never run out of Chasers anyway. Even if you aren't, I still don't find it that important. That's just my opinion.

I also find the extra magic def shred to be more useful than what little extra INT you get from library TP, not only for you, but (sometimes) also for your party. Though, it probably won't matter later on with the blanket nerf to skills with innate defense shred but w/e ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At that point, I'd probably still max Time Bomb TP regardless, but for the damage instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can agree with dropping Chaser Upgrade TP if you have 9pc Relentless Chaser, but I wouldn't put those 2 TP points anywhere else but Palm Blast. However, the Chaser Upgrade TP comes in handy if you also have Chaser Master (which fires two chasers at once). Also, although it may be rare, there are times that you will run out of chasers without the TP (only if you're not using Chaser Evolution).

Dropping the TP skills for Palm Blast, Ancient Library, and Chaser Upgrade in favor of the Time Bomb TP is just not practical when you factor in damage and the instances where you would actually be using the skills.
    • Ancient Library is basically a permanent damage boost
    • Palm Blast can be used every three seconds
    • Time Bomb is really only used on bosses
    • Time Bomb's cooldown is four times longer than that of Palm Blast

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Duck Suburban Strangler

This statement seems pretty illogical from someone who also uses and promotes 9pc Relentless, which is also really only effective on bosses.

9. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    The main point of using Time Bomb is for its defense shred anyway, and the duration is nearly 1:1. Of course, I was speaking more from an endgame perspective. In Anton, I don't find myself using anything other than (Ultimate) Punto Wave, Time Bomb, Fusion Chaser and Enchanted Swing vs. Bosses, so I don't need Palm Blast or Chaser Upgrade, and Time Bomb benefits my party more than me getting like 100 more int or something. I mean, the last few TP are minmax anyway (at least until the rework hits Global), but it's just something to consider, that's all.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  10. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    That doesn't even make any sense. It's like saying Gracia or any other set is also only effective against X thing.

Relentless Chaser boosts your overall chaser damage at all times -- making it effective against everything. Not just bosses. You can argue that Time Bomb also boosts your overall chaser damage, but there are two problems here:

- It's most effective against bosses because they have a lot more health.
    - You can use it on normal enemies, but there's little point because everything dies in a couple of hits anyway. Also, it has a 12 second cooldown, so it's not like you can use it on every enemy.

11. Duck Suburban Strangler

Does Gracia allow you to mash punto and dump all your chasers (particularly EX chasers) into a single target? That's what I'm referring to, the actual reason relentless chaser is even used as a chron set.

but anyway

If I'm reading what you say correctly, time bomb TP is effectively better in all relevant content right now, and you should swap to palm TP if you really wanna wreck that hell mode or something?

12. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    It is not the only reason. Even if the Punto Wave and Chaser Generation effects were removed, it'd still be the best set (excluding epics) for magic Battle Mages. The only thing that could compare is 6pc Gracia + 3pc Gigantic Presence (both being an endgame content grind), but it'd still be slightly weaker for a magic Battle Mage.

No.. The only place that the Time Bomb TP would be better in our current content is Anton.

13. Duck Suburban Strangler

Considering that's our current and future endgame (->* * :fireworks: relevant content :fireworks: * * <-) say that then! It's blatant misinformation to say palm blast TP is better and then admit this two seconds later. It's also just as useful there as well as in any party with magic dealers in it, unless you're one shotting everything in the game.

14. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    What? Future endgame content consists of a level cap increase, level 90 epics, Luke normals and raid, a new hell mode dungeon/new dungeons in general, etc. Bolded part along with the Battle Mage rework is going to change just about everything. Probably. Also, I never once said that the Palm Blast TP was better. I did, however, say that Time Bomb is used on bosses (bosses = every boss, not just endgame content.) and that the TP would be better over Palm Blast's TP in Anton.

Even if I did say that the Palm Blast TP was better, it wouldn't be misinformation because, well, it is better overall. It's only not better in Anton. Which, by the way, was only mentioned by Nan0teck until you said "relevant content". So, it's not misinformation. It's you not understanding.

Anyway. If you have anything else to say that has nothing to do with the guide, please move it to the general discussion thread.

15. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

Worrying about endgame content that kDnF doesn't even have, when you don't even have your endgame content in DFO, is really stupid

16. Duck Suburban Strangler

aside from possibly not knowing what better means, why would you even be considering unreleased KDnF content we can't even gear toward when we don't have Anton Raid, which I am actually referring to? Your guide should be towards Leveling Content -> Our current end game, which should probably include "Time bomb tp becomes amazing" in it at some point. Feel free to continue to disagree on a class I barely play anymore, I officially don't care anymore

17. Is there a point in maxing Chaser Press w/ Relentless?

18. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Only if you really like doing no damage.

19. Welp, 700sp left with 300sp being dumped into Apostilize. Rest shall go into Mana shield. It's not like there anything else to do with 700sp. 160sp left now...

Nothing left to do with it,but dump it into Multirole.

How would Sharp Ice Spear compare to Charade and Liberation?

And maybe requiem.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  20. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    Why wouldn't you max multirole over mana shield?

Shouldn't compare spear to pole. But Sharp ice spear sucks in comparison to lib because it only adds +10% smash crit damage I believe. I think Charade is lvl 85 and adds chaser damage? I can't look it up atm but it's probably better. I probably wouldn't want to be using a lvl 70 something pink spear in end game.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)