A 'Sort of' Detailed Battle Mage Build Guide

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by Sheep, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Physical Build | Skill Build
    • Percent/Fixed Damage
    • Focuses on stacking STR, Physical Attack, and Independent Attack
    • Has potential to outdo Magic builds at (late) endgame
    • Weapon of Choice: Spear
    • Weapon Upgrade: Reinforcement (safer, cheaper) or Amplification and Refinement
    • Chaser Element: Fire
    • Chronicle Set: (9pc) Arcane Executioner, Death Sentence, or (3-6pc) Arcane Executioner, Death Sentence, and (3-6pc) Adrenaline Shock, Dual Steady Fast
    • Epic Set: Dark Gothic, Mana Vortex, Ice Princess Breath, Refined Otherverse Magic Stone

Magic Build | Skill Build
    • Fixed/Percent Damage
    • Focuses on stacking INT and Independent Attack
    • Outdoes Physical builds in almost every way up until (late) endgame
    • Weapon of Choice: Pole
    • Weapon Upgrade: Amplification and Refinement
    • Chaser Element: Water
    • Chronicle Set: (9pc) Relentless Chaser
    • Epic Set: Dark Gothic, Ice Princess Breath, Refined Otherverse Magic Stone

For epic sets, it basically just boils down to what you're lucky enough to obtain. I hope your luck is better than mine.
    See here for a list of epics that are worth keeping, should you find them.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Tenphoenix Your Fave

IGN:
    DaRealTen
    Guild:
    ActaSanctum
    Double Swing for phys builds?

3. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    No. If it's not on the above skill list, don't learn it.

The only exception to this is if you're physical (or a hybrid without Relentless Chaser) and find yourself needing more chasers. In which case, you can learn Chaser Generator Upgrade.
    I excluded it from the list because you shouldn't need it.

4. Tenphoenix Your Fave

IGN:
    DaRealTen
    Guild:
    ActaSanctum
    Can you break it down to retard terms and explain the TP allotment. Just real basic why X is more efficient than Y.
    Take pity on a basic bitch

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I had double swing before 2nd and at this point there's just no sp for it unless you want to drop EFS to 1 or something. It's honestly fine as a 1 point filler skill if you really need it. I think it's worse than all the other skills so I rather just drop DS.

For tp I have a different setup: max chaser launcher, max punto, max FS, 4 fusion chaser, max basic training, 1 in palm blast, 1 stabbing wheel I think. I go max fusion chaser when I don't want the stabbing wheel tp.
    Basically just put tp in the cube skills you max or the skills you use most (for me FS, fusion chaser). Max chaser launcher because that's where damage comes from. Stabbing wheel for mob ability. The only exception is punto, that's there because of more stabs, and more stabs means more chasers to launch.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    TP Skills
    Basic Training: Every Battle Mage should have this at max, because no matter what your build is, you're always going to be using your basic attack.
    Ancient Library: The extra 15% INT from the skill is only worth it for magic builds and some hybrid builds.
    Palm Blast: Not essential for magic builds and some hybrid build, but useful if you don't have anything else to put your remaining TP in.
    Chaser Launcher: Only pick this up if you don't use Evolution Chaser all of the time, because it doesn't work with it.
    Chaser Upgrade: 2 TP for +2 Chasers. No reason not to get this.
    Chaser Generator: Generally not worth the TP spent. But, see post #3.
    Full Swing: A must max for physical builds and some hybrid builds. 'Nightna of Death'.
    Fusion Chaser: A must max for magic builds and some hybrid builds. You can never have enough STR/INT.
    Punto Wave: A must max for all builds. More stabs = more chasers = more dead bodies.
    Meteor Assault: A weak skill becomes slightly less weak. For physical and hybrid builds that have a chronicle set with bonuses for Meteor Assault, there's no reason not to pick this up.
    Dragon Strike: Max this if you're a magic or hybrid build that already has the base skill at max. Physical builds may also consider putting points into it if they have the Dual Steady Fast chronicle set (6-9pc).​

After you get an understanding of your build (what works and what doesn't), in the end what's left is personal preference.

7. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I feel that you don't really need chaser upgrade with relentless though. I don't think I've ever run out. Also there's the multiple chaser bug that seems like it occurs a lot now anyway. It happens everytime I chaser gen into ult punto.

8. Jadefrost

Does the relentless chaser set bonuses apply to Teana/Apostilize chaser damage?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  9. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    No, they do not.

Another thing to note, if you weren't already aware, is that: Dragon Chasers are physical/percent damage rather than magical/fixed damage.

10. Tenphoenix Your Fave

IGN:
    DaRealTen
    Guild:
    ActaSanctum
    Thank you for the explanations. It helps me wrap my head around the basics and adjust my build accordingly

11. Orbus

I like double swing since it combos well with stabbing wheel.
    But it just doesn't scale that well and you really don't have the sp to spare for it, even in a physical build, since you still have to level all of your chasers to get to the physical skills behind them.

12. Vatar

No Shadow chasers for the crit buff or it's not needed endgame?

13. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Shadow Chaser is absolutely necessary. However, at endgame, you probably won't need to have it at max unless you have the Dark Gothic epic set. With the addition of Petit Becky, I was able to drop mine from level 36 to 34 and still maintain that 97% crit rate (which is technically 100%).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Does evolution chaser/Dragon chaser base the buffs they provide on the levels of the respective chaser (in other words, is the crit buff I get from Evo/Dragon chaser based on Shadow Chaser's level)?

15. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    Evolution Chaser grants the buffs from all chasers, regardless of which element you choose or which chasers you have spawned when buffing the skill. Even if you buff it when you have no chasers, you will still get all other chaser buffs after launching an evolution chaser. However, if you do not buff Evolution Chaser again after 30 seconds of it wearing off, all other buffs will also wear off.

The same is true for Dragon Chasers. Except, they will only carry over the buffs from Evolution Chaser if you have it buffed prior to transforming. If you do not, Dragon Chasers will only hold the buffs from the chasers that you have spawned and will wear off after 30 seconds.

16. epiphenom

IGN:
    Kassantha
    Yes, that's exactly how it works.

17. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    I think you misunderstood, sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about buff duration or element choice or which buffs fire specifically. I was just talking about respective chaser levels influencing buffs of evolution chasers. I get that Evolved Chasers give buffs equivalent to all chasers but wanted to be sure you had to level those chasers to receive those buffs with Evolved Chaser as well, hence my example. The guy below you answered though (Thanks for that) so it's all good.

18. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    I didn't misunderstand. I was giving more information than just a simple 'yes'. Maybe I didn't word it right, but I was implying that that's how it worked. A 'yes' isn't entirely accurate, anyway.

19. mMarikom I actually never know what I'm doing

IGN:
    Foleo, PrincessSama
    Guild:
    Factory
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh I mean I understand that much lol thank you regardless

20. sketchyguy

Why do you max Ultimate Punto Wave in the magical build? Leveling it just increases the stab damage, which is % based.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)