[7th kDNF to DFOG] Third Question.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by mms0208, Mar 25, 2017.

1. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    EDIT : The Response pool is now closed. Thank you for your participation.

3. Right now in kDNF, there’s so huge gap between synergy that physical damage dealers can benefit and the synergy that magical damage dealers can benefit from, so much so that there’s nickname that goes like ‘Physical damage losers’.

As of March 22nd, Developer said nothing but to wait about it. How do you guys think about it? – Ruliweb Nickname Ggeonryang (껀량), Rec’d 7 times.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

(Response)
    I think this is the perfect time for Draconids (태을선인) to put Planet Destroyer away and go back to the true magical art of expelling evil (also known as my Draconid's chance to sneak into Luke raid). More seriously, I don't know much about the specifics of the Luke raid changes that caused this, but I hope it is resolved quickly. DFOG's smaller player base makes benefits like Dark Lord's high shadow resistance debuff in magical parties uncommon. As long as some party synergy exists and the players can reliably clear what they're expected to, I doubt most DFOG players mind if it's a physical or magical damage party.

Still, I would dislike the idea that my Stormtrooper is going to have a harder time with content than my magic Draconid just because she does physical damage. It isn't too late for Neople to have sub-support characters similar to Nen Master but physically oriented. Perhaps Knight's upcoming Paladin class will be like this. It may also be why Seraphim can convert to physical damage via Penance.

3. Apple Yawning

IGN:
    Apple
    (Response)
    I main Ultimate Diva luke is already a pain for my class due to many antihold gimmicks, being overall weaker due to magical synergy parties is kinda garbage and neople needs to find a away to balance around physical or I'l just wait and jump ship to FSader

4. 흐켱의소울

IGN:
    흐켱의소울
    Guild:
    A-team
    In kdnf Luke raid pub.. Usually captain doesn't take physical dealer unless he is upgrade ebins player. Synergy in magic class is nothing like those of physical party with limited debuffer and buffer.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. Cross187

IGN:
    FlashLuna
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    (Response)
    I feel the main reason there is such a large gap of synergy between physical and magical parties is because of the stigma of the different types. Magic classes are generally thought of as supporters, with the occasional dps, while physical ones are seen as strictly damage dealers or tanks. The only accepted physical supporters feel like they were originally designed with dps in mind, and just happened to have skills that made them good supports, like Weapon Master's Iron Strike passive. Further still, the magical supporters tend to have abilities that work well in physical parties, as well, like F. Nen Master's Khai buff.

For the balance of synergy to be addressed, we need more physical classes with a more strictly designed supportive role, as opposed to a dps becoming an accidental supporter. As an extreme measure, I would even suggest reducing or removing the physical synergy from magic supporters, to make room for proper physical supporters.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)